Glencairn Dollar Maker™ Since 1998
The Dollar Maker named after Martin Pattie’s great grandfather, John Dollar is a strong, fertile, dark pointed breed which produces a 22 - 23 micron mature fleece.
Breeding - 50% Dohne, 40% Halfbred (Lincoln x Merino), 10% Corriedale
We’re confident of our product and proud to provide Rams across New Zealand - from Huntly to Southland, as well as being an avid promoter / developer of this dual purpose breed.
We also offer free client consultation service and flock classing if required.
Why Dollar Maker™?
- Plain bodied and tough
- Hoggets can be mated – fleece is 20-22 Mic shorn as lambs
- Ewes produce 4-6 kg of fleece wool at 22-24 micron
- 150% lambing obtainable, Mulse free, fast growing
- Dark Points enable blending into NZ’s mid micron and strong wool flocks
- Out of season lambing can be achieved –ie 3 lambings in 2 years
- DNA tested for 'Footrot'
- EID recorded, fertility, Eye muscle measurement and body weight recorded
- Micron and fleece quality recorded